Sunday, June 29, 2014

Crew Love


If there's one item of clothing I've been obsessed with lately it's crew neck sweaters. My closet is seriously on overload with crew love. The thing about these chunky sweaters is that I can and I do wear them everywhere at every occasion. It's probably the only item I have at this point that me, my family and friends can all agree on. (Unfortunately I can't say the same for my beloved blinged out sandals). Me and my crew are inseparable. We do post gym, bed time, going out to bars and work attire together. I can't really even remember life without crew necks. I think my love for these sweaters began back in Cali. I have photos of me and my four sisters color blocking the shit out of the golden gate bridge as we sported different solid colored crew necks. It was no surprise when I visited cali a few decembers back that my addiction was rekindled. At Pier 39 I found a black crew neck with the cali flag on it, I was in love. However my love affair with this crew neck ended as soon as it had begun. Whilst using it as a pre-gym-post-gym wear it was taken from my belongings in the locker room. Total tragedy. But in between the hot start and the bitter end me and this crew neck made many a memory. It accompanied me out to bars, to first dates, to new beginnings and most importantly it kept me warm on that long flight from Cali to Heathrow and eventually back to Munich. After I lost the sweater I spent a few weeks moping. But I eventually replaced it with a smaller grey crew neck from Monki. I wore the sweater so much with everything I drove my then boyfriend crazy, but I can understand. Looking back I may have pushed it with my semi-formal wear. Who knew a floor length silver gown does not go well with a grey crew neck. Well most people should, and if you didn't, take it from me; it doesn't. 
The next crew neck(s) came on my trip to Camden Town. I was introduced to the lovely, Céline, Homiés, New York 32 and YSL crew necks. Safe to say they joined my closet crew asap. After my semi-formal crew neck fiasco and the loss of my post-gym cali sweater I drew the boundaries in this love by listing what I can and can't pair my crew necks with. I started our relationship slow, building up from my jammies to the bar scene. From wearing my céline with my faux leather shorts or skort to my Homiés with ripped jeans and pumps I felt I had done enough training to move back to the big leagues. The Semi-Formals. I went with the basics as I aimed to ace the literal meaning of semi formal. I ransacked my closet to find complementing bottoms to one of the crew members. I needed something basic yet elegant and somehow on the same level as my sweater. Eventually I paired up my faux leather baby blue midi skirt with my YSL crew neck. If the crew neck was sporting such a classy brand as YSL then it has to work doesn't it? (Well I received many accolades for my matching skills, however faux leather and a thick woolly sweater don't really make for a great summer outfit, unless you want to have your thighs glued together by the heat that is.) Heat or no heat crew necks are my summer'14 obsession, and what better way to show crew love then to commit to a sweater no matter how scorching hot the temperature is. 





(C R E W  L O V E  A T T I R E)
(YSL Crew Neck - Camden Market)
(Baby Blue Leather Midi - Zara)
(Strappy Heels - XXI)
(Bunny Phone Case - Street Market)

12 comments:

  1. Very cool look! Love that skirt,

    xxx Nadine

    http://nadinecd.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so fat in these photos. That outfit is really unflattering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the holiday weight ;) #thecameratotallyaddstenpounds ;) :D

      Delete
  4. How recent is that skirt? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it in London this may, so fairly recent.. it's a part of the second S/Scollection for 2014 I believe :)

      Delete
  5. I wish I owned this outfit! x

    http://ellexandraa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feedback gorgeous~ x

      Delete
  6. I don't know why you wrote a fashion blog you're way too fat for it.

    ReplyDelete